Stripe is not a default gateway. The Stripe extension is included for free with Event Organiser Pro Developer License, but can also be purchased seperately.
Stripe is an easy way to accept credit card payments for bookings without users ever leaving your site. If you do not have a Stripe account you can sign up for one here: https://stripe.com/. Please note that at the time of writing Stripe is not as widely supported as PayPal so you should consult this page first: https://support.stripe.com/questions/what-countries-does-stripe-support. Please note this restricting refers to the merchant and not the bookee.
- Live Switch – This option allows you to enable or disable this gateway, or for the purposes of testing, setting it to ‘Sandbox mode’. If you select sandbox mode you must provide sandbox credentials.
- Live Secret Key – Secret key for your Stripe account. Never reveal this to anyone.
- Live Publishable Key – Public key for your Stripe account.
- Test Secret Key – Secret key for your sandbox Stripe account, used when the gateway is ‘sandbox mode’.
- Test Publishable Key – Public key for your sandbox Stripe account, , used when the gateway is ‘sandbox mode’
- Country – The country you are operating from as set in your Stripe account.
How Do I Get My API credentials
To get started with stripe you’ll need your public (aka publishable) and private key. You’ll have a separate key pair for you sandbox account. These can all be found by logging into your Stripe account. In the top right click Your Account and then Account Settings. A settings modal shall appear. Click the API keys tab.