Your theme probably has at least a couple of ‘widgetised areas’. These are locations where you can add a widget, including the event venues widget. The event venues widget allows you to display a drop-down menu, or list of all event venues (which have events).
Adding the widget
- Go to Appearance > Widgets.
- Find the “Event Venues” widget
- Click the widget, select the widgetised area and click ‘Add widget’ or drag and drop the widget to the desired location
- Title – The title of the widget
- Display as dropdown – Check to display a dropdown which redirects the user upon selecting a venue. If unchecked venue are displayed as a list.