Your theme probably has at least a couple of ‘widgetised areas’. These are locations where you can add a widget, including the event categories widget. The event categories widget allows you to display a drop-down menu or list of all event categories (which have events).
Adding the widget
- Go to Appearance > Widgets.
- Find the “Event Categories” widget
- Click the widget, select the widgetised area and click ‘Add widget’ or drag and drop the widget to the desired location
- Title – The title of the widget
- Display as dropdown – Check to display a dropdown which redirects the user upon selecting a category. If unchecked categories are displayed as a list.
- Show hierarchy – Whether to display the hierarchical relationships between categories and sub-categories. If checked sub-categories are listed underneath their parent and indented. If unchecked categories are displayed without any indentation.